TOEIC Listening – Part 3
Introduction to TOEIC listening part 3
Part 3 deals with 13 dialogues composed of 2 to 5 exchanges per person. Each dialogue is followed by 3 oral questions once and written on the exam booklet. To help you answer, 4 proposals are written on your exam booklet. Choose the corresponding answer and put it on your answer sheet. You are forbidden to write in the booklet. TOEIC listening part 3
Note: With the TOEIC reform, for some conversations, there will be 3 interlocutors and some questions will be about the audio as well as an associated chart or graph.
Part 3 TOEIC listening – Tips
Good to know: You have about 8 seconds to select the correct answer once the question is spoken. TOEIC listening part 3
Start answering questions from the beginning of the recording (since questions and answer choices are written). If you can answer these questions quickly, you will have time to read the questions in the following excerpt. This allows you to anticipate the key points you need to focus on to understand the audio and respond appropriately to the questions. You will earn points!
CEFR Assessment Test
Do not hesitate to read our tips for successful TOEIC Listening, and strategies for successful TOEIC training.
Practice Mock-Exams in Real Time!
With Exam-Practice you can train for all the sections and also practice for real-time mock exams. Get access to study materials and lots of training exercises.
Example of an Exam-Practice training base exercise. TOEIC listening part 3
You hear the following conversation:
– Helen, do you want us to share a taxi to the airport, or carpool? We’ll save on expenses and have a good laugh! As you know the corporation wants us to cut down on our expenses…
– Well, I would have loved to, but I am actually not flying there. I am going by bus. I have to leave tomorrow since the trip will take two days!
– Ah, that’s true, I forgot you were afraid of flying. But two days is a long time! Ok, it’s environment-friendly but it is still a long distance to go by bus! And did you have to take a paid leave day tomorrow?
– No, I worked overtime all of last month, so I negotiated a paid day off!
– Good for you! Well, a good bus ride to Dallas then!
Then you hear the first question:
1. What are the two people discussing?
Read less than 4 answers:
a. how they are going to get to the conference
b. where they are going on holiday
c. if they are going by bus
d. how they are looking forward to the conference
Then mark the correct answer on the answer sheet: a.
Then answer the following 2 questions in the same way before moving on to another conversation.
The presentation of the exercises in detail of the listening section: TOEIC listening part 3