Scholarships for the USA and UK
It is a dream for many students to go abroad for higher education. However, most people take a step back worrying about the amount of money required to do so. They are afraid of the consequences of student loans but, scholarships come as a saviour. Most people overlook this aspect thinking that they will not be accepted for the scholarship but that is not true. In this article, we will cover about Scholarships for the USA and UK
CEFR Assessment Test
Key highlights of the article for Scholarships for the USA and UK
How to prepare for scholarships in the USA and UK
Which exam is required for studying in the USA
All you need to know about TOEFL for the USA
Some significant scholarships provided by prestigious colleges in the US and UK.
How to prepare for the scholarships for studying in the USA and UK?
Some of the ways to enhance the chances of getting scholarships for UK USA are listed below:
- One of the most important aspects is to apply at as many places for scholarships as possible. One should not stop at any number and apply to all places possible so that the right places click and you are eligible for the scholarship.
- The dates of different scholarships should be marked in the calendar to avoid any confusion.
- The research must be very strong regarding every scholarship platform that you apply for. This must be your priority so that that you are clear about all the scholarships that you apply for.
- If the candidate is good at any co-curricular activity then it must be mentioned in the essay that the candidate submits with the application for the scholarship.
- The reference must be from a reliable professor who has taught you in the last two years so that he or she is aware of all the recent achievements and the recent skills that the person has developed.
- The person is selected for the scholarship on the basis of merit. Therefore, if a person has plans to go to study abroad then they need to keep their grades up from the beginning. Also, the person is often selected on the basis of their TOEFL score, hence the TOEFL score must be up to the grade if they want to get selected for the scholarship.
What is TOEFL and why is it important?
The TOEFL is a highly popular English language-based assessment exam conducted with the help of the internet. It basically tests the student’s capability on all the four major skills of the language- namely reading, writing, speaking and listening. The exam is completely based on academic excellence so it is important to showcase your grip on the language through this test. This test is very important if you want to study in the USA after graduation. Scholarships for the USA and UK
Now get scores instantly, in just SECONDS!
Evaluate your IELTS/TOEFL writing and speaking scores with detailed breakdown and suggestions. Practice in realtime and improve your score.
Trusted by thousands of students worldwide for evaluating their scores
Important details you need to know about TOEFL?
The following list will tell you about each section of the TOEFL exam:
For the paper-based test, this section consists of 50 questions and 55 minutes is allotted for it. For the internet-based exam, this section consists of 36-56 questions and 60-80 minutes is allotted for it.
For the paper-based test, this section consists of 50 questions and 30-40 minutes is allotted for it. For the internet-based, this section is allotted 60-90 minutes and there are 34-51 questions
This section is exclusive for the internet-based, there are 6 tasks and 20 minutes are allotted for it.
For the paper-based, this section has 40 questions and 25 minutes are allotted for it. For the internet-based test, this section has two essays and 50 minutes is allotted for it.
This section is only for the paper-based only where you have to write one essay and 30 minutes are allotted.
Sharpen your TOEFL skills
TOEFL is a skill-based test for the English language. There is no separate section regarding grammar or vocabulary but these two aspects are very important for the test. It is basically an overall assessment that requires the candidate to be well-acquainted with the two skills mentioned above.
TOEFL Vocabulary Quiz 1
Frequently Asked Questions (faqs)
There are several reasons as to why a person takes the exam. More than 9,000 agencies, institutions, universities, and colleges accept the marks of TOEFL as a criterion to select a candidate. Some of the prospects are listed below:
– To apply for any university
– For any job or course
– For your immigration requirement
– To supplement with any other official exam.
There are a plethora of options when it comes to scholarships for studying abroad. One juSt needs to apply to the right places in order to get a scholarship for studying abroad. Many people fear that a huge amount of money will be a huge concern if they want to study abroad. However, one needs to work very hard in order to get a scholarship for further studies.
The duration for each section both in the paper-based exam and the internet-based exam are listed in the table above. The results are out generally within a week. All the information regarding the results is uploaded at the official site. Each country has its specific set of scholarships that have different criteria for eligibility and various ranges of assured sums.
Grey camp US scholarship: this is a generic scholarship available to all students above 18 years of age. Since it is open for all without any restrictions to merit, the scholarship amount is rather less, namely, $3000. The application process is 2 simple steps: registration along with an explanation about your eligibility. Submission of an essay of about 1000 that clearly explains any of the given topics.
Icsp scholarships at the University of Oregon USA: this scholarship is exclusive to students belonging to the University of Oregon and has a legitimate financial crisis. Students should positively belong to countries other than the united states with a cumulative GPA of 3.0. The application procedure is clearly depicted on its official website. Scholarships for the USA and UK
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation scholarships: students who have shown exceptional merit in their respective fields are eligible to apply for this scholarship. The grant is as high as $100000. The student must ensure that they are capable of handling the finances if and when the scholarship does not cover all the expenses that exceed the provided sum.
Practice Mock-Exams in Real Time!
With Exam-Practice you can train for all the sections and also practice for real-time mock exams. Get access to study materials and lots of training exercises.
Scholarships in the United Kingdom
Chevening scholarship: International students who have applied for more than or equal to 3 degrees in the UK are eligible. The expenses covered include tuition fees, living costs, one-way return airfare and many more.
Commonwealth master’s scholarship: This is a rather popular scholarship for students that belong to the commonwealth countries. It is exclusive to master’s students and the costs include tuition fees, exam fees, living expenses, flight expenses to and from the UK, initial payments during escrow and sometimes meritorious students have the good fortune of landing a grant for a thesis on the very same scholarship.
Gates-Cambridge scholarship: Unlike the previously stated scholarships, this one is directly provided by Cambridge University. Thus, unquestionably you need to be a student of the university with an exceptional track record to be the recipient of the award.
- TOEFL is an English proficiency exam.
- TOEFL is available for both online and offline examinations.
- TOEFL focuses on theoretical English
- TOEFL mainly centres to English speaking countries, mainly the united states of America
- Previously, the allotted time was around 4 hours but now it has been reduced to 3 hours for both the internet-based and the paper-based test.
- Results are declared within a week from the date of examination for both tests.
- Many institutions give priority to TOEFL.
- Scholarships are achievable if one works a little hard.
Scholarships for the USA and UK
Know more about scholarships in the USA and UK
International students are often provided great scholarships because the university looks forward to increasing diversity in their schools. Thus, scholarships are a great symbiotic approach where both the student and the organization are funded. Once a student qualifies for a scholarship, his or her name is associated with it for a long time, this subsequently leads to the promotion of the organization that provides the scholarship whenever the recipient wins awards or achieves higher degrees.