Student visa for the US UK and Canada
It is the dream for most of the students to study abroad. They are mainly interested in studying in the more popular destinations like the US, UK and Canada. There is one necessary requirement for studying abroad and that is student visa. The application for a student visa in the US UK and Canada is a little different from each other. We will discuss the process for the student visa for the US UK and Canada.
Key highlights of the article
- The requirements for the student visa in the US
- The requirements for the student visa in the UK
- The requirements for a student visa in Canada
CEFR Assessment Test
All the necessary details for the student visa process in the USA
Many students around the globe want to study in several universities in the USA due to the better teaching facilities and even better opportunities after the completion of the course. For studying in any university in the US, students need a student visa to live and study there.
Students who are going to the US for educational purposes are offered F-class student visa. This visa allows them to stay for the whole course which they have applied for. This visa is generally given to students who go there to pursue graduate or undergraduate degrees.
What are the things that one needs to do before going for the visa interview?
The student must make sure that the DS-160 form of the student is completely filled. After the submission of this form, a new page appears with the barcode which needs a laser printout. After this, the student must go to the nearest affiliate bank and deposit the required payment. The bank receipt after the payment must be saved. The student must also have the l-120 form issued by the colleges in the US. The online payment for the process must be completed and the receipt must be downloaded and saved. student visa for the US UK and Canada.
What to bring for the US visa interview?
The student must arrive at least 20 minutes before the visa interview. The student must bring all the documents mentioned below for the visa interview:
- The current passport along with the previously issued passports.
- A current passport-sized picture with a white background.
- The confirmation page of the DS 160 form with the barcode.
- Bank receipt for the application of the visa
- The appointment letter of the VFS
- The l 120 form and the SEVIS receipt.
TOEFL Vocabulary Quiz 1
All the necessary details for the student visa process in the UK
The government of the UK gives the opportunity to all the students to study in their country but they have to obtain a student visa. The visa offered by the UK government depends on the course that the student has applied for, the age of the student and also their application requirements. student visa for the US UK and Canada.
There are three kinds of student visas offered and accepted by the UK government. The first kind of visa offered by them is tier 4 (general) student visa which is given to students aged 16 or above. These are offered to students who have already been offered courses by the universities in the UK. One should apply for this visa at least 3 months before the start of their educational course. This visa allows you to arrive in the UK one week before the start of the course if it lasts for six weeks or less. It allows the student to arrive in the UK one month prior to the start of the course if it lasts more than six months. The second kind of visa is tier 4 (child) visa which is offered to the students who are aged between 4 years and 17 years and to the student who has been offered a course from any independent paying school in the UK. This visa also needs to apply to be applied 3 months before the start of the course. This visa also allows you to arrive in the UK before one week if the course is less than six months and before a month if the course lasts for more than six months. The next kind of visa is a short-term student visa. This visa is offered to the students who apply for a short educational course in the UK. The visa needs to apply three months before the start of the course and it lasts on the basis of the duration of the course. student visa for the US UK and Canada.
Get your IELTS/TOEFL Writing & Speaking Scores in just SECONDS!
Evaluate your IELTS and TOEFL writing and speaking INSTANTLY with Artificial Intelligence. Get corrections and suggestions in just SECONDS. Also, practice for IELTS/TOEFL Mock Exams in Real-Time and get your exam scores in just SECONDS!
What are the documents required for the visa interview?
The documents required for the visa interview are listed below:
- Valid travel documentation or passport.
- The evidence to show that the monthly expenses can be provided by the student during the duration of the course.
- Passport sized coloured photographs.
- A medical certificate providing tuberculosis screening reports.
- Assessment document.
- Certificate of clearance by the university.
All the necessary details for the student visa process in Canada
In Canada, the government allows the foreign students to study in their universities but they need to obtain a student permit and a temporary resident visa which is more commonly known as the TRV.
IELTS Vocabulary 1
What is a student permit?
The student permit is not a visa but a document which is provided by the citizen and immigration (CIC), which will allow the student to pursue an education in the UK. If one student has the student permit in Canada, then they must be a part of the university and make progress in the direction of completing the course. student visa for the US UK and Canada.
What is a temporary resident visa?
The temporary resident visa or the TRV is a document which a student needs to enter Canada. Both documents are required if a student wants to pursue an education in Canada.
What are the documents required for the process?
The documents required for the process are:
- The acceptance letter from the institution in Canada for the required course.
- A valid travel document or passport.
What are additional proofs required?
The additional proofs are required below:
- The student should show proof that he or she is capable of paying the tuition fees and the fees for staying in any of the cities in Canada.
- The student needs to be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record to his or her name.
- The student needs to be in good health and a medical certificate may also be needed for the same.
The phenomenon of studying abroad has truly gone global. Students get a better quality education with much superior exposure. But why do students hope to move out of the comforts of their homes and immigrate to a different city? The following points will give you a perfect idea:
- A challenge: living in a different city, away from your parents, for the first time in your life, is nothing short of a wild adventure. There are several unique challenges that an individual needs to overcome, which ultimately builds a better character.
- Learning a new language: for people who wish to study in different countries and experience new cultures, learning the native language is very beneficial. Most universities make it mandatory for students to pass English language aptitude tests to verify their authentication of survival in a completely new country.
- Boosting career: with the advent of the internet, everything has become global. Thus, companies demand early experiences and global networking during placements. They try to reap the benefits of having a team member who can provide all-round inputs for their company.
If you wish to benefit from an education that is truly international, you should hurry and sign up with us at Exam Practice. We offer several courses that help you score higher in entrance exams and some of these scores are also applicable during the student visa application process.
Exam-Practice for your Study abroad exam preparation guide
If you are dedicated to improving your IELTS and TOEFL exam scores then Exam-Practice is the best solution. You can INSTANTLY evaluate your IELTS and TOEFL writing and speaking tasks and get scores along with detailed feedback and suggestions. Also, Exam-Practice is the only platform that can evaluate all the writing and speaking tasks instantly and give you detailed feedback in just seconds!
Students around the globe are using Exam-Practice to improve their IELTS and TOEFL exam scores so what are you waiting for?
With Exam-Practice IELTS and TOEFL Instant Writing and Speaking evaluation, you will get the power in your hands, no more waiting no more searching for the right teacher, simply register and start practising. You can practice from any device from any place.