Study abroad with scholarships
We always suppress our urge to study abroad thinking about the huge amount of money that one needs to invest to study their desired subject at a well-reputed institution of their choice. However, we do not research enough to know about the number of sources that provide money to aspiring students to study abroad. There are a plethora of grants and scholarships offered to students to study abroad. There is numerous study abroad scholarship opportunities waiting for us to apply for them. In this article, we will cover how to Study abroad with scholarships
The aspiring students are mostly unaware of the scholarships which are offered by various firms. These are important as someone interested and capable should not miss the opportunity just for the fees. Also, one needs to learn the art of spending less. They need to cut down on eating out or buying that extra dress from your favourite store. This will help save that extra money which will add up to the amount required to study abroad. The saving tactics will help you to survive even after you get the opportunity to study abroad.
CEFR Assessment Test
- What provides funds to study abroad?
- What does reference mean?
- For how many scholarships or grants should one apply to study abroad?
- On what basis is the student selected for the scholarship?
- Besides good grades, what else enhances the chances of being selected for the scholarship?
The financial aid from scholarships and grants added with the saved money will ensure the desired course at the university of choice. However, you need to work hard to earn a grant or scholarship. Some of the steps are listed below to provide the extra help required for securing the scholarship to study abroad.
FAQs about Study abroad with scholarships
It is very important to be well informed about everything when trying to earn a scholarship to study abroad. You should be aware of the course and the university thoroughly for which you want to apply. You should be in contact with the university and the professors along with the firm offering scholarships. If feasible, the person should go to the office in person and be aware of the terms and conditions for the desired course. You could also get in contact with the students who have studied in the institution or are studying. They will guide you about the small details which you might have missed.
You need to know everything about the scholarship you are applying for. For having all the necessary knowledge about the scholarship, you need to research as much as possible. You need to be aware of the amount of money they provide. If the money will be provided all at once or in instalments. You should also be aware of the firm providing scholarships provides them in case of a particular institution.
The best way to be aware of all the intrinsic details of the scholarship, you should directly contact the head or the responsible person of the whole IELTS for scholarships program. He or she will be able to guide you about filling out the application for the scholarship. The personal connection will also provide an edge over the other contenders to earn the scholarship. Hence, contacting the responsible person will surely take you a step closer to secure the grant or scholarship.
Well, having a good academic career certainly helps, but that doesn’t mean you can’t apply. If you have other very good co-curricular activities them it’s a big advantage for you. So try to give focus on your extra activities as well.
TOEFL Vocabulary Quiz 1
Enhancing your resume for Study abroad with scholarships
The resume is the most crucial part while filling out the application for the scholarship. Once the student has narrowed down the course, he or she should put all their focus on the resume. It should comprise of all the activities that you are doing in your present campus. Along with academics, co-curricular activities also work as a boost to your resume. If you have any experience of studying abroad, then that should be included in the resume too. The resume looks better if it is bundled with a cover letter. The resume must be crisp and to the point.
IELTS Vocabulary 1
Building proper references are a must
These references are from other people who can testify about your academic skills. Mostly, these are from a professor who has taught you in the process. It is more logical to choose a professor with whom you have been in touch recently and he is related to the course you are applying for. The whole point is that the references contain all the good points as to why you should be hired. If the professor himself has experience of studying abroad or applying for TOEFL for scholarships or other such exams then they are the best assets.
Take a language proficiency test
If you are applying for an English speaking country then it is advised that you must take an English Language Proficiency test, like IELTS, TOEFL or TOEIC. Although most of the universities accept IELTS or TOEFL. This will also help you to get the student visa much easily. For example, if you apply for the US Universities then the Visa officials will ask for a good TOEFL score. It’s the same for the UK, where the Visa officials check your IELTS score.
Where to get help for scholarships
There are already numerous scholarships available for study abroad programs. The best way to search for scholarships is to do some research about the country where you are applying. Also, the home country helps you with scholarships. Sometimes there are educational fares which are going on, you can visit them and ask for scholarships. For example, if you are applying for French universities the best option is to visit Campus France and inquire them about the availability of scholarships. Also, there are some scholarships which are given directly by the universities, so you must ask your university admission department for scholarships.
Some Useful Links –
Scholarships for Australia – studyaustralia.gov.au
Scholarships for Canada – scholarshipsads.com
Scholarships for UK – studyinternational.com
Scholarships for USA – studyusa.com
Key points to remember during the application process
- All the dates should be marked: If you are applying for more than one grant or scholarship, then you should mark all the dates on the calendar to avoid all the confusion. All the result dates and the last date for submission should all be marked so that you do not miss the date. Being organized might be difficult but the dates should be marked to avoid all confusion even if you are applying for just one scholarship or grant. It is always good to maintain a calendar dedicated to all the dates about the scholarship.
- Apply as much you can: Applying to more than one scholarship or grant can be very tedious but one should not give up. One should apply at as many places as possible to ensure and secure a positive response from at least one or sometimes even more than one. However, applying to more than one place needs a lot of patience and even more research so that all the details are filled in properly. Also, the customization of the articles is very important. Each application should be unique in its way. This will be highly beneficial and will increase the chances of getting a scholarship. Study abroad with scholarships
- Maintain good grades: Good grades in academics matter a lot when applying for scholarships abroad. For obvious reasons, people with better grades get higher preference. Unlike the Indian educational system, they do not have reservations of any kind. The student is selected based on their merit. It is very important to have good grades for any kind of scholarship or grant. To secure good grades, you need to work hard from the beginning of the course you pursue preceding your studies abroad. If the grades are good from the beginning, then the chances of being selected are much higher.
- Being passionate about the course: An essay needs to be submitted along with your resume describing why is it important for you to pursue the course. It is very important to portray your enthusiasm in your essay so that the reader understands how passionate you are for the course and the scholarship. You should show all your strong points in the essay so that it leaves a good impact on the person selecting for the scholarship.
Key takeaways from this article
- The kind of information should you aim to gather.
- The kind of research that will help your application.
- Enhancing your resume.
- Building proper references for better chances of getting selected.
- Marking important dates and submitting the application way ahead of the deadline.
- Maintaining a higher GPA
Study Abroad Scholarships
Take this quiz to understand the article