Study in the USA
Some students are determined to study abroad for their higher education after graduation. People look for options to study abroad as it provides more lucrative options for jobs or research purposes. Colleges in the USA are one of the best options if one wants to pursue higher education in a foreign land. There are many options to study in the USA. They can pursue engineering or even masters in their desired subject. In this article, we will discuss the various opportunities about “Study in the USA”
Key highlights of the article
- How to prepare for further studies in the USA?
- What are the best colleges for masters in the USA?
- What are the best engineering colleges in the USA?
- what qualifications and examinations are required for acquiring a master’s degree?
- what qualifications and examinations are required for acquiring an engineering degree?
CEFR Assessment Test
What are the best colleges for masters in the USA?
There are a plethora of options if one wants to pursue their Masters study in the USA. There are different criteria to get into different colleges. All the information about each and every college is provided at their respective websites. Some of the best colleges for pursuing masters in the USA are listed below( in no specific order):
- Stanford University at Stanford: 4.65% acceptance rate makes it the college with the lowest acceptance rate in the country.
- Columbia University in New York: with an acceptance rate of a little over 6%, Columbia is among the ivy league. The holy grail of higher education.
- Harvard University: the university is almost notorious in the academic world for its tough -to-crack admission process. Students with perfect scores and humanitarian records seem to miss out on admission sometimes.
- Princeton University: the university was once home to greats like Alan Turing and has been able to keep its impeccable reputation in present times as well.
- Yale University: a vast majority of young American population dreams of going to Yale to pursue further education. Its acceptance rate is a miserly 6.5% which makes it one of the colleges that are part of the Ivy League.
- Brown University: this university in Providence is also one of the Ivy League. It is privatized and is home to the top tier scientists and researchers.
- The University of California, Los Angeles in Los Angeles: this university ranks in the top tier of public education institutions.
- Carnegie Mellon University in West Lafayette.
- New York University in New York.
- The University of Texas at Austin in Austin.
What are the topmost engineering colleges in the USA?
Engineering colleges in the USA are also in abundance. The jobs offered after the completion of the course in the colleges are according to what the student needs. The lucrative job offers to motivate the students to study even harder and get into the colleges in the USA. Some of the best colleges are listed below (in no specific order):
Now get scores instantly, in just SECONDS!
Evaluate your IELTS/TOEFL writing and speaking scores with detailed breakdown and suggestions. Practice in realtime and improve your score.
Trusted by thousands of students worldwide for evaluating their scores
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Amherst.
- Stanford University at Stanford.
- The University of California, Berkeley in Berkeley.
- The University of Michigan in Michigan.
- Harvard University in Cambridge.
- Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) in Atlanta.
- California University of Technology (CalTech) in California.
- Purdue University in West Lafayette.
- Yale University in Connecticut.
- The University of Texas at Austin in Austin.
TOEFL Vocabulary Quiz 1
What are the exams required for getting into a college to pursue a master’s?
There are several exams for MS and MBA in the USA. They are listed below:
- GMAT: GMAT is short for Graduate Management Admission Test. It is a test that is required to be cleared if someone wants to pursue MBA in the States. It tests a candidate’s certain skills in the English language. GMAT is a known trademark for the Graduate Management Admission Council.
- TOEFL: TOEFL is abbreviated for the Test of English as a Foreign Language. This is a test to assess the English proficiency of a student in the English-speaking nation. This exam tests a student’s four major skills in the English language such as Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing. This is accepted in more than 8,000 universities in over 130 countries.
- GRE: GRE is short for graduate record examination. This is a necessary exam which one has to pass in order to get into any university for a masters education.
- IELTS: IELTS is short for the International English Language Testing System. This is also an exam for testing the grip over the English language of students whose native language is not English.
- SAT: This is an exam that is conducted to test a student’s ability in writing, maths and critical reading. This test is organized for admission in several colleges in the United States.
What are the exams required for getting into engineering colleges in the US?
- Harvard University: SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)
- Yale University: SAT Reasoning Test (Scholastic Aptitude Test)
- California Institute of Technology: Master in Aerospace, Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering- GRE (Graduate Record Examination)
- University Of Chicago: SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology Bachelor in Aerospace, Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering – SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)
- Columbia University in the City of New York: SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)
- University of Pennsylvania: SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)
- Princeton University: GPA (Grade Point Average), SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)and ACT (American College Testing)
- John Hopkins University: SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)
- Cornell University: Master in Aerospace, Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering –SAT(Scholastic Aptitude Test) and ACT (American College Testing)
- The University of Michigan Bachelor in Aerospace, Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering GPA (Grade Point Average)and the SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)
Sharpen those skills
The most entrance examination tests a student’s skill to write, read and speak the English language. There is no particular test regarding grammar or vocabulary of a person but all the tests ask the student certain questions that show the grammar and vocabulary of the candidate; therefore one needs to put extra effort and improve their grammar and vocabulary.
There are several grants and scholarships which are offered to the students who want to study in the United States of America. The student has to be aware of the best places to apply so that their plea for the scholarship is answered.
Some of the major ways to gain a scholarship for higher studies in the United States of America are listed below:
– The candidate needs to apply at as many places as possible to increase his or her chances to gain a scholarship.
– The candidate should perform well in his academics as the scholarship is majorly given only based on merit.
– The candidate needs to be good at some co-curricular activities to better his chances of getting a scholarship.
If you are going through college admission procedures for studying in the US, you must have come across SAT or Scholastic Aptitude Test. It is a test administered by the College Board. The test is conducted by pencil-paper and is entirely multiple choice based. the students are scored on a total of 1600 points. there are 3 sections:
- ERW or Evidence-Based Reading and Writing
- Essay (optional)
The yearly averages acquired score is 1060 and each student needs to pay $46 for appearing in the test. if you are opting for the optional essay part, the registration fee is increased to $60.
The duration of the test is 3 hours but is extended for another 50 minutes for students appearing for the essay section. Students usually take their SATs during spring break of junior year in High school. this gives them ample time to retake the test if they want to improve their score right before college admissions begin. pupils can take the test during the month of December, March, May, and June, August, October, and November each year.
Study in the USA
Let's recap about this article
- The USA is one of the best places for higher studies if one wants to study abroad.
- The best colleges for pursuing a master’s in the USA.
- The best colleges for engineering in the USA.
- The location of the best colleges for pursuing a master’s in the USA.
- The location of the best engineering colleges in the USA.
- The exams that one needs to clear to get into colleges in the USA for masters.
- The exams required for different universities to study engineering in the USA.
- Grammar and vocabulary are the major skills that one should develop in order to get through in colleges in the USA.
- Ways to enhance the chances of getting scholarships.