TOEFL iBT Test centers in France
France is one of many countries that host the TOEFL iBT test for students at various locations in the cities. Student aspiring to give the test, can register for the test using the given below points and book the TOEFL iBT test centers nearest to them.
Below are the cities where you can find TOEFL iBT Test Centers in France.
These are some of the locations and others can be found on the ETS website while booking the test:
Alsace-Champagne-Ardenne-Lorraine, Angers, Aquitaine-Limousin-Poitou-Charentes, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, Bordeaux, Bourg-En-Bresse, Bourges, Bretagne, Caen, Cannes, Centre-Val De Loire, Cesson Sevigne, Clermont-Ferrand, Grenoble Cedex 9, Guyancourt, Hauts De France, Ile De France, La Garde Cedex, La Rochelle, Languedoc-Roussillon-Midi-Pyrénées, Le Bourget Du Lac, Le Mans Cedex 9, Levallois, Lille, Limoges, Lissieu, Loches, Lons Pau, Lyon, Marseille, Metz, Montpellier, Nanterre, Nantes Cedex 3, Normandie, Paris, Pau, Pays de la Loire, Pessac, Poitiers, Provence-Alpes-Côte D’azur, Reims, Rennes, Royan, Sophia Antipolis, Strasbourg, Toulouse, Tours, Villeurbanne.
About The Test
TOEFL is basically an internationally recognized Test Of English as a Foreign Language. TOEFL is a trademark of the Educational Testing Service (ETS) which is a non-profit organization which designs and administers the test.
It is a standardized test to measure English language efficiency and the ability of non-native speakers who give the test. It was started in 1964. Also, you don’t get the TOEFL test results then and there. You receive the scores after 11-12 days after you have given the test and then you can send them to the universities.
There are two types of TOEFL tests- Internet-based test and Paper-based test. It is a four hour long test and hence requires several months of study and preparation. TOEFL is to be given to someone seeking admission in some foreign university for further studies or someone who is not from an English speaking exam.
It is mainly the people who are applying for visas abroad. The test is also given by people who apply for certain kind of scholarships or certificate courses.
Cost of the Test
The cost of the TOEFL iBT examination in France is $245.
Note that the cost of registration varies from country to country.
Other possible fees that the candidate might have to bear:
- If the student registers late, there is an extra fee of $40. It is very important to book the test at least 4-5 days before the test.
- In case the student wants to reschedule your test date, an additional $60 needs to be paid.
- If the student wishes to cancel the scores, but then again decide and want to reinstate them, there’s an extra fee of $20.
- If the student has not shortlisted the universities before the test date, then he’ll have to pay extra $19 for each score report that will be sent out to the university.
- If there’s any kind of doubt that the exam was scored unfairly, the student is allowed to apply for a rescore of either the Speaking or Writing section for an additional of $80 for each section.
How to book the TOEFL iBT test?
How to book the TOEFL Test Dates:
- Visit the official ETS website.
- Select TOEFL iBT.
- Click on the tab named ‘Test Centers and Dates’.
- Click on ‘see a listing of testing markets, dates and fees’.
- Select your location among all the TOEFL iBT test centers available. (Name of your home country)
- You will be guided ahead with the list of cities, the test fees and date of the TOEFL test.
Preview of the test
A short preview of what happens in the examination center:
- You arrive at the location where you have booked your test fairly 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- Check-in may include Biometric voice and photo identification, Fingerprinting/thumb printing, video recording and signature comparison.
- Take the test Take all the four sections of the test.
- Submit or Cancel your score
- Sign out
Things to remember
Following are the things students should remember while at the test center:
- TOEFL iBT Test centers and ETS assume no responsibility for all the personal belongings you choose to bring to the test center.
- Your seat will be assigned by the test administrator.
- No schedule changes can be made at the test center.
- Testing premises may be video recorded for security reasons.
- If you need anything, just raise your hand.
- Phone, watches and any kind of electronic devices are not allowed during the test or break.
Things to carry
Things that students should never forget to carry with themselves to the test locations are:
- The original Passport.
- A secondary valid identification proof such as driver’s license, state ID cards etc.
- The confirmation ticket of the TOEFL iBT test.
- All other things like fluids or snacks etc.
- YOU fully rested.
Everything else such as blank sheets, pencils, sharpeners shall be provided at the locations itself.
Note that the exam fee will not be refunded in case the student is not permitted to give the test because of invalid ID.