Introduction to TOEFL iBT Test Locations in India
TOEFL iBT is conducted to assess the English language proficiency of the student. It is taken by those people whose native language is not English. TOEFL iBT is administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS) which is the United States-based non-profit organization which announces the dates and also administers the scores. There are more than 10,000 TOEFL participating institutes (colleges, universities and agencies) across 130 countries including Australia, Canada, the UK and the United States that accept TOEFL iBT scores. In this article, we will give you an overview of the most popular TOEFL iBT Test Locations across India.
CEFR Assessment Test
The TOEFL iBT test is administered and is offered in more than 50 times a year at authorized test centres around the world. Students are allowed to register for TOEFL iBT test all over the world.
Note that the TOEFL iBT exam date varies according to the country, city and test centre.
Mostly, students tend to select the test date in accordance with the application deadlines of the universities they are planning to apply into. There are no age criteria to apply for the TOEFL iBT test provided the student should know the basic pattern and syllabus of the test. This helps them a lot in a way that they can decide the study structure and practice accordingly.
As we all know, there are four important modules in the TOEFL iBT examination. They are:-
The TOEFL iBT examination dates vary according to the country, city and test centre. There are more than 4,500 TOEFL iBT testing locations in the world in 165 countries. In India, the online TOEFL iBT test is available in 59 cities.
TOEFL iBT TEST LOCATIONS in India:
Some of the major test centres are listed below:
Besides the above-mentioned ones, some of the other centers are in the cities of Amritsar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Gurgaon, Gwalior, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kanpur City, Kochi, Madurai, Mussoorie, Nagpur, Nizamabad, Patna, Pondicherry, Pune, Raipur, Rajkot, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Tirupati, Trichy, Vadodara, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam, Warangal etc.
TOEFL Vocabulary Quiz 1
To know about other TOEFL iBT Test Locations, you can also refer to ETS for your Test centres.
A short preview of what happens in the examination centre:
- You arrive at the location where you have booked your test fairly 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- Check-in – Check-in may include Biometric voice and photo identification, Fingerprinting/thumb printing, video recording and signature comparison.
- Take all the four sections of the test.
- Submit or Cancel your score
- Sign out
How to register for the TOEFL iBT test?
How to book the TOEFL Test Dates:
- Visit the official ETS website.
- Select TOEFL iBT.
- Click on the tab named ‘Test Centers and Dates’.
- Click on ‘see a listing of testing markets, dates and fees’.
- Select your testing locations. (Name of your home country)
- You will be guided ahead with the list of cities, the test fees and date of the TOEFL test.
Cost of the Test:
The cost of the TOEFL iBT examination in India is $170 which is about 11,265 Indian Rupees.
Note that the cost of registration varies from country to country.
Other possible fees that the candidate might have to bear:
- If the student registers late, there is an extra fee of $40. It is very important to book the test at least 4-5 days before the test.
- In case the student wants to reschedule your test date, an additional $60 needs to be paid.
- If the student wishes to cancel the scores, but then again decide and want to reinstate them, there’s an extra fee of $20.
- If the student has not shortlisted the universities before the test date, then he’ll have to pay extra $19 for each score report that will be sent out to the university.
- If there’s any kind of doubt that the exam was scored unfairly, the student is allowed to apply for a restore of either the Speaking or Writing section for an additional of $80 for each section.
Things to remember:
Following are the things students should remember while at the test centre:
- Test centres and ETS assume no responsibility for all the personal belongings you choose to bring to the test centre.
- Your seat will be assigned by the test administrator.
- No schedule changes can be made at the test centre.
- Testing premises may be video recorded for security reasons.
- If you need anything, just raise your hand.
- Phone, watches and any kind of electronic devices are not allowed during the test or break.
Things to carry:
Things that students should never forget to carry with themselves to the test locations are:
- The original Passport.
- A secondary valid identification proof such as driver’s license, state ID cards etc.
- The confirmation ticket of the TOEFL iBT test.
- All other things like fluids or snacks etc.
- YOURSELF fully rested.
Everything else such as blank sheets, pencils, sharpeners shall be provided at the locations itself.
Note that the exam fee will not be refunded in case the student is not permitted to give the test because of invalid ID.
Before taking the TOEFL iBT exam, be sure to read our article to know everything you have to know about it.