TOEIC test online
The standardised essential test of American English as a foreign language to check the ability of non-native speakers to enrol in foreign universities. These scores are acknowledged globally for academic or professional purpose. It is the most popular business English test. Marks scored are applicable for two years. It is conducted by ETS, a non-profitable organization and its institutional partners. Outside Asia, TOEIC is popular in Canada, the United States of America, and Mexico. It has spread over 120 countries having five million test takers per year. In this article, we will discuss about the TOEIC test online.
The registration form costs about 85USD per component depending on their country and can add up to 30 dollars or more as per different country. If you register late or plan to change your exam centre due to any inconvenience it is going to cost you extra.
The exam is conducted 9 times per year (in January, March, May, June, July, September, October, November and December). There is no age limit as for the application. The deadline for registration is 5 pm on Thursday for the following weeks.
CEFR Assessment Test
Steps for applying for the online TOEIC test are as follows:
- Applicants need to visit the official site (https://www.ets.org/toeic )and click “Apply Now”.
- Fill in the form with all the details correctly according to your ID proof preferably passport.
- Candidates need to choose the date and test centre from the drop-down option according to their convenience and reserve a seat for themselves. TOEIC test online
- Uploading a digitally scanned photograph of size less than 5MB and in JPEG format. It has a few rules as in, the photograph the candidate needs to face the camera directly under good lighting .the candidate should not be wearing sunglasses, caps or any headwear.
- Payment of registration fee- applicants can pay through American Express, Master Card, Visa, JCB, and Discover.
- Download and save the receipt for future references.
- Admission ticket with the teat name, test date, test centre, candidate’s photo, and a signature will be mailed to the respectively provided mails in the applicant’s form.
This exam is divided into two tests: – TOEIC test online
- TOEIC listening and reading test (offline paper and pencil test)
- TOEIC Speaking and Writing test (online)
Both are equally graded tests totalling up to a score of 990. Both assessments use a score scale of 0-200 marks.
In the online TOEIC speaking and writing type test takers can receive separate scores and can just take off the exams. It is not necessary to do both.
This is the online part of the TOEIC. There are six tasks to this test. In total consisting of eleven tasks
- The first task: to read an announcement or advertisement aloud. It consists of a single part.
- The second task: to give a verbal description of an image. It consists of a single part.
- Skills tested in above two – pronunciation, stress, intonation, the flow of language.
- The third task: respond to questions related to common issues. It consists of three parts.
- The fourth task: respond to written information. It could be related to any agenda or a schedule of events. It consists of three parts. TOEIC test online
- The fifth task: respond to the problem and solution heard over a voice mail. Here, a candidate is judged on the grasping and understanding of the problem, the solution given to it. It consists of a single part.
- The sixth task: the test taker needs to put forth and express their opinion on a specific topic or an issue. It is expected for them to back it up with logical arguments. They will be judged according to that. It consists of a single part.
Skills tested in above – vocabulary, clarity of thought process, rate of speech, pronunciation, stress, intonation, the flow of language.
This is the online part of the TOEIC. It consists of eight parts in a duration of one hour.
- The first task: to write a sentence based on an image followed by two words. The candidates are expected to think creatively and put forth their understanding in one sentence. It consists of five parts.
- The second task: here, the candidates need to reply to an e-mail, which is of roughly fifty words. It consists of two parts.
- The third task: here the candidate needs to express their opinion with the best of their vocabulary on a topic or an essay. Making sure to back it up with logical arguments. While having a logical flow in their write-up.
- It must consist of an introduction, main body and a conclusion. They should keep a check on not repeating the points or any ambiguity. It consists of a single part.
Skills tested: use of idioms, vocabulary, structuring of statements, the thought process, grammatical accuracy, logical thinking and organization of sentences.
Scoring pattern – each section is of 0-200 marks
TOEIC is not a pass/fail test. Every candidate receives a certificate.
There is no particular way to prepare for this exam. There are loads of online courses, sample papers and materials available. Though the previous papers are not accessible. They should more than suffice. You can always opt for coaching classes.
The results of the exam depend on the country to country but you usually get in between three weeks to a months’ time.
TOEIC serves as the evidence of having passed a UK border agency approved English- language test.
TOEIC would be of great help in getting a visa, migration in the UK or if you wish to settle down in the UK.
TOEIC has a paper-based exam too which consists of listening and reading having a score of 0-200 each. It follows the same process of registering. It totally depends on where you want to settle, go to which university or school, which workplace or business. Accordingly, you can opt for the tests. Though the internet-based TOEIC is more widely recognized then the paper-based TOEIC.